Monday, October 15, 2012

Yearning for home, a little bit

Not too much excitement here in Michigan the past week or so. Another kayak trip, from Chippewa Pines into town. A little biking. Some walks in the woods at the Chippewa Nature Center. Cooking and cleaning for my dad: another carload of stuff to the thrift store.

First frost was last week, so I'm starting to yearn for home. It's been raining here the past few days (making me even more homesick), and I got to see a pretty good thunderstorm last night.

At the same time that I am yearning for home, I am wishing I could stay here longer. To see winter set in. To see the river freeze up, and everything covered in snow. And then to see the ice go out in the spring. And to see spring arrive. And then the fireflies, and soft summer nights. Perhaps one of these years I will just have to spend one whole year here. More and more I think that my future must include dividing my time between Michigan and Washington. I love both places so much. Wish they were closer together! 

I'll be leaving here October 25th, just a little more than a week away...

 Here's a whole passel o' pictures for your enjoyment.

My swamp, at the edge of Chippewa Pines
The Old Curry Bridge over the Tittabawassee... the only remaining bridge of this style around here...

One of Princess' favorite spots

My favorite tree


Kayaking under the Tridge
An Oak Bouquet

Orange!


Pond at Chippewa Nature Center

Pond at Chippewa nature Center

Peering into the pond
Fall, mostly fallen. 
whole bunch of pictures

No comments: