Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Goodbye to Nancy and Gerry

Sadly, I took Nancy and Gerry to the airport yesterday morning. Then came back and slept most of the day, worn out from having so much fun. The week went so fast!

We spent a great day at Sleeping Bear National Lakeshore on our way home from Petoskey, doing the requisite "dune climb", 110 feet up the big sand hill and then another 30 feet or so up to where we could get a view of Lake Michigan across another mile or two of big dunes. Serious, serious calf burn!  And then the fun run back down. Well, it was a run when I was a kid. Now it's more of a jog, but still fun.

Nancy has done a lot more blogging and picture taking this week than I have, so I am going to refer you once again to her wonderful blog
Nancy's Blog

 Back in Midland, the leaves are coming down fast now, at least from the ash trees. I hope the maples hold out a bit longer so I can take my dad on a day trip to see the color. We are still having absolutely sublime fall weather here, high 60's and sunny. The goldenrod is in full bloom, punctuated with purple wild asters.

I was hoping to pick apples again this year from my dad's orchard. Last year I picked 7 bushels off of just a few loaded trees. This year there is not an apple to be found. Remember that freaky warm weather they had back here in March? All the trees bloomed, and then the blooms froze.

Pictures coming soon....

No comments: