Thursday, October 11, 2012

Blustery

It's a blustery fall day at Chippewa Pines today, leaves going every which way. The ash trees are mostly bare and the ground is ankle deep in ash, oak, and maple leaves. We had our first frost a couple of days ago... Time to think about starting home. But I will wait another couple of weeks.

My dad has decided, sadly, that he can no longer go canoeing with me, ending a longstanding tradition going back as far as I can remember. I'm happy to have my kayak here with me, as a canoe is just too unwieldy for one person, especially given the wind we've been having. But of course my kayak will be going back home with me, and I doubt if I'll be making this long driving trip again anytime soon. So I've just ordered a little 10-footer from REI to keep here. Should be here next week so I'll be able to try it out before I head home.

Today I went into town for a haircut, and stopped at the upscale kitchen store on main street to buy a garlic press. They wanted forty-five friggin' dollars!'!!! And I don't think it was gold plated or even silver. Why in the world would anyone pay $45 for a garlic press????? Got one at good old Kmart for $6.99 ...

 

 

 

No comments: