Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Resting up + lotsa pictures

I've spent a relaxing and uneventful couple of days resting up here at Chippewa Pines, where I grew up. Watching the beautiful Chippewa river roll by, walking in the woods and fields, petting the cats, puttering. It took me most of a day to unload my car and get moved in here; I wonder how much of that stuff will make it back home with me?

Yesterday I believe I may have finally gotten my dads dish tv fixed for him. He's been having problems with it for months and months, hard for him because watching tv is about all he can do anymore. He called the company many times with no luck. So I called yesterday morning and by that afternoon they were out here with new receivers to update the obsolete 10 year old ones. I can only attribute this situation to age discrimination, as of course my dad sounds on the phone like the 85-year old that he is, and the company must assume that he's just a confused old guy whose kids will fix if for him.

Also spent some time trying to figure out where the cats have peed in my bedroom, as it's a bit fragrant in there. I removed one smelly blanket and that helped , but there's more to be found. Meanwhile, sleeping with the windows open.

And now, some pictures from the last few days of my trip:



No comments: