Friday, September 7, 2012

Perfect biking weather

In fact, it's perfect weather for just about anything.Tonight I am camped at cedar hills provinicial park, on the border between alberta and saskatchewan. it's a pleasant place, trees and hills instead of the flat fields I drove through most of the day. This is a huge resort area, with a hotel, a couple of restaurants, a paved bike trail, many hiking trails, and a half dozen or so different campgrounds. There must be a couple hundred campsites. Irritatingly, the nicest sites, down along the pretty lake, are all closed for the season. It's Friday night, and it looks like the place will fill up tonight. So now I can hear a generator off to my right, and someone's radio to my left. Ah, wilderness...

It has been an absolutely perfect fall day, 70 with not a hint of a cloud anywhere. I of course rode all the bike trails this afternoon and did a little hiking.

So happy I decided to have breakfast at the hotel before i left this morning. When I went to pay... no credit card! SH*T! Think, where could I have left it? Last time I used it was... last night at this very same restaurant. They had it locked away for me, thank god. I'll blame those two Coconut Cloud Martinis I had after dinner. Nothing in common with a real martini other than the glass they were served in, but oh, they were sinfully delicious.

Twice this trip I have tried to get my usual vacation drink, a Manhattan, with dinner. The first bartender did not know how to make one (I've had this problem before in Canada). And last night, they were out of bitters. So uncivilized.

No comments: