Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Pictures! Hiking! Stairs!

I just had the nicest visit from a local friendly kitty cat. Made me miss my Thomas, but it was sure nice to get a pet and a purr.

Yesterday I took a long walk around Bisbee, doing most of the "Bisbee 1000" stair climb. There are lots of stairs in this town!  And lots of street art. Saw a bumper sticker, "Bisbee: Like Mayberry on Acid". Seems apt.

Which reminds me. While in Yucca Valley last week, I saw the following sign: "High flash flood risk due to fire". Can someone explain this to me?

Today I took a fairly strenous hike up the big hill at the edge of town, where there are a bunch of little shrines and a nice view of the town. There is also a big "B" for Bisbee but could not figure out how to get to it without too much rock-scrambling.

Now, as promised, here are a whole bunch of pictures from my trip so far, in no particular order.

Some Bisbee street art

This is at the top of the hill I hiked to today in Bisbee

More Bisbee street art

Wall just below the house I am staying in

And just down the street

More Bisbee street art

More Bisbee street art

More Bisbee street art

More Bisbee street art

More Bisbee street art

Got it in there but now I'm afraid to back down!

View from atop the hill where the shrine (above) is

That's my brown house, center top above the little tin garage and the purple-red house.

Part of the "Bisbee 1000" stairclimb

More stairs!

View from the deck of my house

Saw this sign at the Borax mine I visited on the way here

Mendocino coast

View from my hotel in Fort Bragg

Cactus at Joshua Tree

Forest of Joshua trees

Joshua Tree national park

Yours truly at Joshua Tree

Mendocino coast

Mendocino coast

The Salton Sea

Yucca Valley

No comments: