Sunday, February 12, 2017

Dollarific Dinner and Chiricahua

I had a very nice visit with Christine and Lynn, who stayed here for two nights. On the second night, Connie arrived, and the four of us went out to Cafe Roka for dinner. This is one of my all-time favorite restaurants, and I've eaten there a half-dozen times, but it's been 10 years ago. I am not overly fond of their current menu as it's pretty red-meat intensive, but it is still excellent. But a bit pricey. Two of us ordered the special, which was sea scallops, and they were divine. But we did not ask the price beforehand. They were $38! With drinks, dinner, and dessert, the bill for the four of us came to just over $250. Well, as I said earlier, beans and rice when I get home....

Yesterday Connie and I drove over to Chiricahua National Monument. This is my third visit there. It's a stunning place full of hoodoos, fabulous trails through slot canyons, and the weather was absolutely perfect. We hiked for just a couple of hours but it was enough, up at nearly 7000 feet.  I did a 10+ mile hike the last time I was there, 10 years ago. I think I may be getting older.

Last night Ron and Helene arrived, and this morning Connie departed. Tomorrow we're expecting Mira and Carmie, and will have a 4 or 5-some for euchre!

More pictures from the past couple of days:
Moon over Bisbee

More Bisbee street art

Connie at Chiricahua National Monument

Chiricahua National Monument

Chiricahua National Monument

Chiricahua National Monument

Chiricahua National Monument

Chiricahua National Monument

We have this big lighted peace sign right below our house
 ave
Seen along our street

Beautiful quilt at the local fiber arts place

Good use for a T#$@p bumper sticker

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Beautiful area! Extravagant dinner!!! Nice that you are having a grand time -- too bad I am not there ;'-)