Thursday, April 30, 2015

Entering the Deep South

Today's Mileage: 54
Cumulative elevation gain: 700! A new high!
Weather: Sunny, 60-80, perfect biking weather!
Attitude: Still tired, but happy.

We are in the rural deep south now. Small farms, lots and lots of piney-woods (mostly lumbering plantations of longleaf pines, I believe.), dogs giving chase. Someone got bit today. I forgot to bring my whistle, and don't suppose I will find a place to buy one until we get to a larger city, so I hope yelling "go home!!!!" will serve in the meanwhile.

 Tonight we're in Blackshear, Georgia, at the one and only hotel. We are 20 or so miles off of the Adventure Cycling route tonight, and our guide says it's because this is the only hotel for about 100 miles.

For much of the day it felt like I was riding near my dad's house in Michigan, except for the palmettos and Spanish moss. 





just a pretty little church

lots of these blue flowers along the road

I'm a sucker for lone-tree pictures



No comments: