Saturday, October 18, 2014

Golden

Everything has turned to gold here at Chippewa Pines. It's almost impossible to capture the beauty of being out in the woods amongst all that golden light, but here are some attempts. These are taken on my dad's property, on the route that I have now walked for almost 50 years.







The sunshine has not been very cooperative, but is supposed to show it's face tomorrow so I will be out bike riding.  For the first time EVER, I have visited here when the river is liquid,  without going paddling. It's been rainy and windy much of the time, and now the boat ramp next door is closed for the season, I've already put the canoe up in the barn for the season, and it's just too difficult to launch the kayak from our property anymore.

Earlier this week I had a nice visit with high school friend Donna over coffee, and a long breakfast visit, lasting until about lunch time, with cousin Pat. Pat is about 6 years older than me and when we were growing up, it seemed like she was in a different generation from me, but in the past few years we have become pretty good friends. She's one of the few liberals I know around here!

No comments: