Sunday, October 19, 2014

Gold, gold, and more gold

The sun came out today and I traipsed about 7 miles through the woods and grasslands of Chippewa Nature Center. Although the maples are now past their prime, the forest floor is a patchwork of golds, browns, and reds, and the oaks and beeches are nearing their peak color.
Beech leaves

Mystery berries

Golden pathway

More gold

And yet more gold

wow

Even the grass is beautiful!

Oaks have finally turned

OK, one more golden pathway



I am so happy to be able to spend this time of year here in Michigan. Where I live in Washington is stunningly beautiful, of course, any time of the year, but it's a beauty that just shouts at you continuously: Look here! Ocean! Look there! Mountains!  Here, it's so much more discreet and understated. It forces me to be meditative, reflective; it slows me down. I need that. 

No comments: