Saturday, September 26, 2009

Swathed in Spiderwebs

This morning the outside of my house is swathed in those magical classic-design spiderwebs, each with a spider waiting patiently in the center. A quick count nets 4 on my downstairs deck, one guarding the walkway from my car (which I walked right through last night after dark, but this morning it's rebuilt), and they've virtually taken over my upstairs deck. I haven't picked my cherry tomatoes (which are still going strong) in a couple of days simply because I hate to disturb those beautiful webs.

I've had the kayak out once this week. Many of the winter watefowl are back or at least passing through on their way southward: surf scoters, western grebes, mergansers, cormorants, and a large flock of what I think are murrelets, either ancient or marbled.

No comments: