Friday, May 17, 2013

Springtime at Chippewa Pines

I'm just in from an evening walk in the woods here at Chippewa Pines. Violets, may apples, wood thrushes, cardinals, orioles. It's lovely. Pictures coming soon.

Got here about 3am on Thursday and spent about half the day sleeping, although I did manage to get my kayak in the river for a short paddle.Today I went into town to stock up on groceries in preparation for being the chief cook and bottle washer for my dad for the next month.

I've been lusting after a Kia Soul for the last several years, so I paid a few extra bucks at the car rental to get one for the month I'm here. Lust has now dimmed quite a bit as I have discovered they have less space inside than my little Subaru Impreza. Possibly a bit more comfortable for backseat passengers, and, oh, they're so pretty...still I think I will stick with Subarus.

No comments: