Monday, May 20, 2013

HOT

It is HOT here today.... thermometer on the car says 89, and it must be about 89% humidity. I went for a walk and then had to come back and take a nap. I don't think I would survive summers in Michigan anymore. Thunderstorms are on their way, which should cool it back down some.

Yesterday, in about the same temperatures, I spent
the afternoon kayaking. Which kept me cool, as I don't yet have a spray skirt and was sitting in an inch or so of water most of the time.

I then spent a very pleasant part of the evening down at the river, staring at reflections and listening to birdsong. Turn up the volume on the video!

I was hoping for fresh asparagus every day, but my dad says the deer have about killed off his 30-year-old asparagus patch. Still, I found 6 nice stalks last night, and another dozen or so this morning, some 8" tall or more, which I swear weren't there last night. Amazing how that stuff grows!

And here are some nice pictures of springtime in Michigan.

May Apples

Trilliums

Violets

White Heron aka Great Egret

No comments: