Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Progress...

Today I put my deposit down and scheduled the installation for my new kitchen countertops. I am going with Granite Transformations, with installation on December 8th! Woohoo!

Although I am sticking with the flooring color I picked several posts ago, I am still waiting on two more quotes as the first one seemed a bit high. Hopefully that will happen later this week.

My new drawers are all painted, and this morning I finished installing the drawer pulls.... in the dark, wearing my headlamp, as we had our first big windstorm of the season last night. The power went off about 8pm and didn't come back on until 10 this morning. Since I have heat that is totally electricity-free, and a campstove to heat water for coffee, this is not a big problem. Except that I only had whole beans....briefly considered grinding them with mortal and pestle... but power came back before I was really desperate. Note to self: Keep a supply of pre-ground coffee beans in the winter!

No comments: