Thursday, November 11, 2010

Back to Nature

Yesterday I took some time off from obsessing about my kitchen remodel. I took the train down to Edmonds to meet up with Kathy, and we then took the ferry over to the Olympic Peninsula. After a long drive 10-15 miles up winding gravel roads, we hiked the Upper Dungeness River trail. With little elevation gain, this was a pleasant and easy 6.5 mile round trip. It was chilly, and at the top (3100 feet) we found a little bit of snow, just enough to be decorative.

I am always amazed at the size of the Douglas Fir out that way. Yes, that's a tree trunk, not a stone wall.




1 comment:

Jer said...

That's an beautiful trail, V! I was up there this summer, but took a right after about 1 mile and spent the night up at Royal Lake / Basin. If you get a chance to make it up that way, there's tons of wildlife, deer, marmots, etc.