Friday, November 5, 2010

The chosen ones....

OK, I have made a "final" decision on flooring, countertops, and vendor. Final, that is, unless the quotes come in way above what I'm expecting. Should hear today, I hope.

The flooring will be Mannington Sobella Supreme, color Rajah Red.
Ardesia Rajah Red

The countertops, god willing, will be Cambria quartz, color Chatham
I was all set to go with a laminate (many fewer $$) but when I got to the store and looked at the flooring and the Cambria together, wow, they look like they are made for each other! So, I am definite on the flooring but still sitting on pins and needles waiting to see what the countertops will cost me. I'm planning on living with this stuff for probably the rest of my life (or until I have to move to assisted living....) so it's worth getting something I love, right? Right?????

I am hoping I can reduce the cost of the flooring installation a bit by:

1. Pulling off the baseboards myself. I've done this before, when I painted, so I know I can do this. Also, I will be repainting again anyway once the other stuff gets installed and I can better choose a color.
2. Pulling the bathroom sink. Haven't done this before but it doesn't look too hard.
3. Pulling the toilet --- not sure about this one.
4. Moving all my furniture myself, except possibly the refrigerator and desk.

My new drawers should be installed in the next week or so. When I get my new camera (broke my old one, for the second time this year, by dropping!) I will take some before and after pictures to post.

No comments: