Saturday, November 13, 2010

Another fantasy, shot to hell...

Countertops. Even though I only have 29 SF of countertop, the bid for laminate came in for 64 friggin' SF, because they have to use two 8X4 panels. Man, the prices they have posted are so misleading! Lowes in-store estimate was

And, after waiting a week for it, the bid for my favorite, the Cambria quartz, came in at... (drum roll)....$4400! OMG, in my tiny kitchen! So there must be plenty of people out there who are spending 15-20K just for their kitchen countertops????? Let me tell you, it's not going to happen here. My new front-runner is Granite Transformations at less than half of the quartz price.

The good news is, I got my new drawers and they look great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck on the remodel. i will never build another house, it has been one of the worse task i've ever done. we just got our floor down after a year of trying to find and decide on the materials. cost was a huge factor along with what to put down under the conditions we live with. ended up with a cool vinyl floor that looks, feels and sounds like a wood floor. becky