Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Leaves, Walkers, and a Bad Movie

For the first time in a week or so, I went for a walk in the woods around Chippewa Pines. While I wasn't looking, everything has turned to gold. We're ankle-deep in maple leaves, and the oak leaves have finally started coming down. Still no frost though.

Earlier this week I went for a nice canoe ride with my cousin Deb. Looks like we did it just in time, because that's the last day of sun we're likely to have while I'm here. I am still hoping to squeeze in another bike ride on the one day this week the weatherman says it will only be partly cloudy with a 10% chance of rain. Stupidly, I did not bring any rain gear with me and I would really like to stay dry since temperatures now have become pretty fallish.

This morning I took my dad to buy a 2nd walker. He has one he keeps in the basement, where his little electric cart won't go, but it was suprisingly easy to convince him he needed to start taking one with him when he goes places in the car, and even just to get from the house to the garage. I did not realize walkers cost so much. They had some there that were approaching $500! (Not the one we bought...) How can a simple cart with 4 wheels be worth $500??? Anyway, thank goodness we had it with us when we went to the movies, as dad would've had a hard time making it in otherwise.

And the movie? Gravity. Really, don't bother. I watched a Star Trek episode after we got home that was much better.

This is the first time I've been to a theater since 2010, and the very first time I've seen a 3D movie. Still, just not worth it. I would like to see Captain Phillips but am content to wait until it shows up on Netflix.

No comments: