Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Foghorns of August

I woke this morning to the late-summer sound of foghorns, right on schedule for the 1st of August. How I love lying in bed and listening to them! The different tones from different ships, listening to them move up and down the Sound. Then sitting on my deck and watching the fog roll across Cultus Bay. Once again, I am so grateful to live here.

An email from Washington State Ferries this morning says the Port Townsend ferry is closed until further notice due to "heavy groundswell conditions and zero visibility".

Pleasant temperatures have returned and the sun is out. I'm off to Coupeville this morning with Gerry, to visit the annual arts festival. Gerry will drive me and my bike up there and then I will ride home, 35 miles or so.

No comments: