Friday, July 17, 2009

The Cat Days of Summer

We don't really get dog days here, so Sabrina says these are the Cat Days of Summer. Perfect for laying in the shade, which Sabrina of course has been doing all day, every day.

I myself have also been doing a fair amount of that, but have managed to work in a modicum of active, fun stuff, too. I just got back from 3.5 hours of kayaking, a longer paddle than I've done in quite some time and I'll probably pay for it, but it sure was fun! I made it clear from Possession park to the Clinton ferry dock and back, which must be close to 10 miles of paddling. Clear blue sky, no wind, very little current. Saw eagles, kingfishers, pigeon guillemots, and many motorboats, which created just enough waves for bouncy fun.




Yesterday I drove up to Ebey's Landing and did the loop walk again, along the bluff and back on the beach. Not as many wildflowers in bloom now, although still plenty. They were baling hay in the prarie. Not sure why I'm so fascinated with fields of hay bales....something about that crisp, clean geometry against the natural background.















No comments: