Friday, September 26, 2014

Michigan Again

Back in Michigan again for a month. Fabulous early fall weather, 70's and sunshine, with a little bit of color showing up in the trees already.

This morning I took my dad into town for his coumadin check (OK, although he is having a lot of bruising on his arms) and lunch at BK. Then back home to inventory the cooking supplies and plan some meals, now at the coffee shop prior to heading to the grocery store. I ordered a small Milano's Addiction (10 oz latte with 2 shots) but he gave me a large instead (16 oz with omg FOUR shots) and of course I have to drink all of it. I may be up late tonight.

Dad seems about the same although he says he is he is having more trouble getting around. I suppose I will have to have the assisted living talk with him pretty soon. But his mind is still good and he can still take care of himself and his cats.

Which he now has four of, one of them a kitten who was born feral, and who's mom has now disappeared. "Buffy" is very fuzzy, probably going to have long-ish hair. It's hard to say how tame he/she (don't know yet) will become but at least he will come in the same room with us to eat, although if I make any move or sound at all he will run. But that's pretty much the way Tiger used to be, and he now will let me pet him as long as I don't make any sudden moves. The eldest, Snoopy, is 15 and has apparently stopped grooming himself since I was here last, so I don't expect him to be around too many more years.

I got the new customized stem for my Bike Friday, which will make it much more comfortable. The color really doesn't match... lemon yellow stem with more of a gold for the rest of the bike.... but I don't care enough about it to complain. One of these years I'm going to send the whole bike in for repainting anyway.

I was wondering how I would get from Flint to Midland for my trip here, and had sent out a plea to just about the only 4 people I know here anymore (2 cousins, my old HS math teacher, and a HS friend), asking if they would consider picking me up. And every one of them said yes, bless their hearts, although there were a couple of schedule conflicts. Then I found out I could rent a car one way for less than $40, which is about what it would cost in gas for a round trip to Flint anyway, so that's what I did. Took it back to the local airport the next day and cousin Pat met me there and took me back to dad's house.  Cannot seem to find a deal like that for the way home but my high school friend Donna said she would be happy to drive me back. Nice people, gives me a nice warm feeling.


No comments: