Monday, December 27, 2010

Tired of this project...

OK, I admit, I'm tired of this project. Ready to be done.

Now working on painting. After about a dozen sample swatches on my kitchen wall, I started painting "Clay Pot", basically a terra cotta, in my office. I wanted to finish the office before Leslie and Dave came down for Christmas so they could help me move my file cabinet, which weighs about a half-ton, back into place. So, I got the room done in time but am not crazy about the color. I guess it's OK for that room but I don't want to extend it into the hallway and kitchen. So, back to the paint store for another half-dozen samples, this time in gray-greens. Finally settled on "Saybrook Sage", back to the paint store to have them mix me up two gallons.

Come home all set to paint. Oh wait, I have to mask off all the trim, mask around the ceiling, wash the walls, take down the pictures and pull the nails, protect the new floor, take down the phone, knock down the cobwebs, protect the new countertop and sink, move everything off of the countertop, remove switchplates. Oh, and move the dang refrigerator. I got everything done but that last one before collapsing into chair with beer and crackers. Onward, tomorrow.

No comments: