Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Creeping Remodelitis

The painting is done! Well, almost. I decided to extend the color to my downstairs stairwell, and I have only put one coat on there so far. I got all the masking stuff taken down, and there are a couple of spots that I will need to touch up, but…. I need a break! Sick of the smell of paint, and my wrist is sore.

Meanwhile, I seem to have contracted creeping remodelitis. I’ve now decided I need new lighting fixtures for my kitchen. And, ergo, probably for my office, too. Today I ordered two fixtures from Plow and Hearth that promise to “easily” convert the two recessed fixtures in my kitchen to cool mini-pendants. Then I think I’ll start shopping for a nice pendant light to hang over my table.

Also decided I need new switchplates and outlet covers, as the brass-look ones I have don’t go with the new stainless cabinet hardware, and they’re cheap corroding things anyway. Started looking on-line, and man, for anything but the most standard ivory plastic (which I may yet go with) they’re $15-$20 each. So, I got this bright idea to try using the Sculpy clay I have had in the back in my pantry for about 10 years.Made one nice terracotta-looking switchplate, a couple more in the oven. Not sure how they'll hold up, but I like the look of the terracotta against my new sage green walls, nicely offset by the brick-red flooring.

Too tired to move all my stuff back into place tonight. Once I clean up a bit, I'll post pictures.


No comments: