Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I'm floored!

Before -- All the cabinets were this ugly brown color. The drawers were plastic and falling apart.


New flooring, new drawers and hardware, newly painted cabinets, new countertops

New sink

The new flooring is in, and it looks fabulous!

Sadly, that's not the end, yet. When they went to reinstall my bathroom sink, uh-oh, there was weird non-standard plumbing on the drain, that won't go back in correctly. So, my sink is sitting out on my porch awaiting further attention.

I got up this morning ready and raring to move all of my furniture back into my office and kitchen, but... I told the installers not to re-install the parts of the baseboard which had never had any finish applied, as I want to finish them first. Too cold to do this outside, so at the present time my office floor is covered with a blue tarp and assorted pieces of baseboard. My kitchen table is still in my living room, covered with a rat's nest of computer-related wiring and printers while my office furniture waits out on the patio.

Also, I need to buy, finish, and install some quarter-round where the new vinyl butts up against the base of the countertops.

And then repaint the walls.

And here are a couple of bonus pictures...




A nice winter day at the beach


Where Sabrina spends the winter