Saturday, June 1, 2013

A hammock in the shade

It was such a nice warm, dry day here today I decided to put up the hammock. It hasn't been up in a few years, so first I spent the better part of an hour finding the pruning saw and shears, trimming back brush, and cutting down a small tree so i could get to the big tree with the hook on it. There is a questionable looking two-by-four bolted to a neighboring tree, and a hook for the other end bolted into the two-by-four. I sat down in the hammock and the two-by-four promptly broke, sending me to the ground. So, off to dig up some heavy-duty wire to wrap around another couple of trees, cut back some more brush, and at last I had my nap in the shade by the river. By then I needed a nap.

Venison stroganoff for supper tonight. Yum!

No comments: