Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Unfettered Ocean

 it's been at least 6 years since i've seen the real, unfettered ocean. It is truly awe inspiring! 

I stayed last night just outside of Yachats, Oregon, right on the ocean, with that muffled thunder in my ears all night. It's beautiful and fun to visit, but I would have a hard time living with that noise all the time. Can't they turn it off for a few hours a day?

The drive down here yesterday was foggy until midafternoon. When the fog finally lifted I got off the freeway and headed southwest, following a delightful road (hwy 34, I think) along the Alsea river, twisting and turning and  watching it gradually turn from creek to real river to tidal lagoon.

A long walk on the beach just before sunset was a relaxing end of the day.... well, that and playing an hour's worth of "Where's my water?", my latest game addiction, on the ipad. 

Pictures soon, I promise.

 

No comments: