Monday, August 31, 2015

Signs of Fall

Last night after Dad went to bed, I went out for a walk under the almost-full moon. A blanket of fog had covered the hay fields to a depth of a foot or so, frogs singing, moonlight reflecting off of the apple trees and the river.  Hard to imagine any place more beautiful.

I've really enjoyed watching the seasons change here at Chippewa Pines. It's definitely heading into fall now, even though we're supposed to have temps near 90 later this week. Goldenrod -- and thus, my allergies --- in full bloom, Dad's had the heater next to his chair on nearly every day (which requires me to take off all but the minimum of my clothing), and I even put the comforter back on my bed for one night.

 I'm still homesick and bored.  Dad likes westerns, and we've watched Daniel  Boone, Davy Crockett, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, High Chaparral, The Virginian, Old Yeller, How The West Was Won... all pretty good shows, I must admit, but I've got to do something else to keep me busy while watching, and I've played so much online sudoku that when I close my eyes I see grids of numbers. Clay projects are still entertaining me but I've got an embarrassing amount of projects done and can't imagine what I will do with all of this stuff....

No comments: