Thursday, February 13, 2014

Vacationing at the dentist

Here I am at cousin Kris's house, sitting by the pool in my shorts and sandals, eating a starfruit that we picked up from under a tree down the street. Life is good.

We went to Hamburger Mary's for Hambingo.

Yes, life is good even though I spend the first morning of my vacation and the dentist. I've been having some pain for the past few weeks but by Sunday night, when I was at the hotel waiting for my flight the next morning, it had become severe. So I called Kris and asked her to make me an emergency appointement here in Orlando. They poked and prodded and determined that the pain does indeed seem to be coming from the new crown I had installed recently. They sanded on it a but to adjust the bite, and if that doesnt do the trick I guess I am in for a root canal. Dont know if I will be able to delay that until I get home or not. Right now I am still in a fair amount of pain, but hopefully that's mostly because they torked on the tooth quite a bit this morning. I am taking regular infusions if ibuprofen and hoping for the best.

Meanwhile, I have been doing a bit of self medicating with whiskey and a warm cat.

"

We did some nice walking, talking and shopping today, with 17 year old Sam as our chauffeur. He's a pretty good driver, if a bit of a lead foot. But he is a teenage boy, after all. This morning he's going to get his license!

 

No comments: