Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Where's Vickie 2010: HOME!

My connections all meshed perfectly (train-plane-plane-train-train-ferry-bus) and I got home about 7pm on Monday evening. I have to say that no place I've been all summer can hold a candle to Whidbey Island in August. It's clear blue sky and 70 degrees, perfect biking weather, but my bike unfortunately hasn't left Minneapolis yet. Tomorrow, they say....

Yesterday I managed to unpack most of my stuff, re-stock my kitchen, pick up and go through all of my mail, do a load of wash, unpack the 3 pieces of artwork I had shipped home over the summer (all intact! ) and cook dinner before collapsing into the lazyboy with cat in lap.

Sabrina seems very happy to see me and even happier to be able to go outside again, after being held prisoner in the house (and with a dog for part of the time) all summer.

My yard is overgrown and brown, the house is full of cat hair and cobwebs and unread New Yorkers, but today I think I must go to the beach and pick blackberries along the bluff...

Although I will still be blogging on a semi-irregular basis, this is my last "Where's Vickie 2010" post, and the last email I will send out. Thanks so much for coming all with me on this trip! See you next time!

No comments: