Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Almost ready....

I've shipped my camping gear off towards Fargo, signed out at work for the summer, returned my library books, cleaned out my refrigerator.... just a bit of packing left and I'll be all set!

My overall schedule for the summer will be:
June 20th - July 23rd: Ride with a group of 20-30 other women, in luxury provided by WomanTours, from Anacortes WA to Fargo ND. We stay in nice hotels, bags (and bikes and persons, when needed) carried for us and meals provided. To get an idea of our route, see Northern Tier Bicycle Route - Adventure Cycling Association

July 24th-30th: Rest and explore the Fargo area.

July 31st - August 7th : A large group tour around North Dakota, called CANDISC. See CANDISC-Cycling Around North Dakota in Sakakawea Country for more info.

August 8th - 12th: Reunion with the group that I rode cross-country with in 2005. This year we are meeting at the headwaters of the Mississippi.

August 13th - 26th: Ride, self-supported, to Minneapolis, take plane back to Seattle. My friend Kathy will most likely be joining me for this last leg of the ride .

OK, I'm off to finish packing....

2 comments:

Jer said...

Have fun Vickie! Looking forward to reading some reports from the road!

AnnieBikes said...

I am looking forward, too, to hearing about this ride. It is #1 on my bucket list!