Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night

I love this time of year! Oh, I know in a month or two my tune will change, but for now...
I love the rain, and the fact that I can no longer remember the last dry day.
I love the colors: every imaginable shade of gold and sepia.
I love driving home at night through dark, winding roads littered with leaves.
I love sitting in front of the fire with a cat curled up in my lap, listening to the rain on the roof.
I love laying in bed listening to the rain and wind.

I've been inspired to start quilting again, for the first time in a couple of years. Have finished up a couple left from my last burst of inspiration, completed one new top and a couple of pillows with the leftover scraps. When I get more ambitious, I'll post pictures.

1 comment:

Jer said...

I agree! There have been some really cool storms already this year!